The Round Hill Appalachian Trail Committee and the Round Hill Arts Center invite artists to participate in a new art show entitled “The Appalachian Trail: Art of the Adventure”.
When: February 11, 2018, 1-4pm
Where: Round Hill Arts Center
The purpose of the show is to broaden public awareness and appreciation of the Appalachian Trail.
Artists are welcome to submit their choice of artistic expression, including paintings, drawing, photography, fiber arts, stained glass, and sculpture. There is a separate category that welcomes submissions from young artists in grades K-12.
The Appalachian National Scenic Trail was completed on August 14, 1937. This 2,189-mile trail crosses 14 states and hosts an estimated 3 million visitors a year. This call to artists to participate in this exhibit is to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of the completion of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail.
Submit a piece of artwork that portrays the Appalachian Trail or a symbol of the Appalachian Trail. Examples of images or symbols include:
- Empowering Youth
- Volunteers & Civic Engagement
- Compass, Maps & Navigation
- Vast Natural Beauty
- Priceless Cultural Heritage
- Connect Human Spirit with Nature
- Protect the Night Skies
- Leave No Trace
- Family Bonding
- Endurance Challenge
The finished work can hang on the wall or from the ceiling, or sit on a pedestal or the floor.
Works will be judged by a group of Appalachian Trail and Art Enthusiasts carefully selected by the Round Hill Appalachian Trail Committee and the Round Hill Arts Center. Judges will be looking for artwork that features a combination of artistic skill and thoughtful representation of the Appalachian Trail. Students are also encouraged to enter for free!
“The Appalachian Trail: Art of the Adventure” will be on display at Round Hill Arts Center from February 1st through March 1st, 2018.
The public is invited to an Opening Reception with live music and refreshments on February 11, 2018 from 1 pm to 4 pm. The Arts Center is located in the Hill High Orchards complex on Route 7, west of Round Hill.
2. Artwork must be delivered to the Round Hill Arts Center on Tuesday, January 23rd between 10am and 4pm. If you need to deliver work at another time, please contact the Center Manager. We reserve the right to refuse any artwork for safety or space reasons. Please bring 2-D work framed and ready to hang. We do have limited space for 3-D work — please let the Center Managerknow your space requirements, or if you have any questions.
4. The Show will open on February 1st, with an Artists’ Reception from 1 pm to 4 pm on February 11th, and will run until March 1st. The show can be viewed daily between 12 pm and 4 pm.
5. Please pick up your work on Friday, March 2, between 9 am and 4 m, or contact the Center Manager for other arrangements.